Lucas LOVED this chicken, and really enjoyed the sauce (especially the dipping part! Dip makes everything better!). I served it with cheesy mashed potatoes and green beans from our local Farmer's Market.
From Around the House
- Coat the bottom of the Crock Pot with BBQ Sauce (I used about a cup of Sweet Baby Ray's Original sauce, and just eyeballed the amount)
- Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with a tablespoon of cider vinegar in a measuring cup and whisk into BBQ Sauce.
- Add the Chicken Breasts (or whatever cut of chicken you happen to have on hand), with bone-side down in the sauce.
- Sprinkle Chicken with Montreal Steak Seasoning and Ranch Seasoning (I used about half of a Hidden Valley brand dry ranch packet for 2 breasts)
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours
- Wash, core, and dice apples (I used one peeled Gala apple per breast).
- Uncover, baste chicken with BBQ sauce from the pot. Add apples.
- Cover and cook for 3 more hours (or until chicken is cooked through), basting every hour.
- Before serving, reduce sauce by removing one cup, and simmering on the stovetop for 10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Remove Chicken and apples from Crock Pot, place in individual serving dishes.
- Pour reduced sauce over chicken, and serve with extra sauce for dipping!