No, it's not really Chinchillas, it's Enchiladas (haven't you people ever seen Super Troopers!?). Even though this is Clinton's favorite dish I make, Lucas really likes them, too. They take a while to make, but the great thing is the versatility and simple ingredients! Plus, leftovers heat up FANTASTIC! Serves 4 to 6 adults.
From Around the House
- Brown Ground Beef, drain.
- Prepare Hamburger Helper according to package directions (add a can of green chiles if desired).
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees while the Hamburger Helper is cooking.
- Grease baking dish with pan spray
- Pour one can of Enchilada Sauce in the bottom of the baking dish
- Once the Hamburger Helper is complete, use a large wooden spoon to scoop portions into the center of the large burrito shells. Top mixture with cheese, fold sides of shell in, and roll in burrito-like fashion. Tightly arrange rolled Enchiladas in baking dish, until full (or your Hamburger Helper runs out, whichever comes first), reserving some cheese.
- Pour remaining two cans of Enchilada sauce over the Chinchillas.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, bake additional 15 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Serve hot with sour cream
NOTE: Can also be prepared in the Crock Pot! Instead of placing ingredients into a baking dish, put it in the crock pot. Cook for 2 to 3 hours on low.